275 yards (251 meters) | 23-24 microns | approx. 50 grams | fingering weight
- Wyoming-grown Targhee-Columbia wool
- Dyed in Philadelphia at Littlewood
- Spun in New Hampshire at Harrisville Designs
As a result of its woolen-spun manufacturing process, Loft is suitable for a wonderful range of gauges:
- 6 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 3½ mm (US 4)
- 7 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 2¾ mm (US 2)
- 8 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 2 mm (US 0)
The Targhee-Columbia breed combines the softness and elasticity of finewool Targhee with the robust substance and warmth of mediumwool Columbia. This versatile mingling of wearability and durability makes Targhee-Columbia suitable for next-to-skin wear, outerwear, or heirloom pieces for the home. We source this breed for Shelter, Loft, and Quarry; the woolen construction of these yarns further enhance the fleece’s lofty and warmth-trapping characteristics.
Use it for:
Loft is a great choice for sweaters or shawls. Its short yardage makes it a good choice for colorwork.