Loon Lake + Grey Harbor | Stargrove Hat
This kit includes the yarn to knit the Stargrove Hat, designed by Tyra Smith and found in pompom quarterly's Autumn 21 Issue 38: Roots and Branches
NOTE: This pattern uses knitting and crochet!
- MC: 2 skeins Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok
- CC: 1 skein Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok
Needles, Hooks, & Notions (not included):
- 4.5mm / US 7 circular needle, 40cm / 16” length
- 4mm / US 6 circular needle
- 40cm / 16” length 3.75mm / US 5 circular needle
- 40cm / 16” length 4mm / US G crochet hook
- 1 stitch marker
- cable needle
- tapestry needle
Notes: Stargrove is worked from the bottom up, in the round. After ribbing, the first section of the body is knit in Brick Stitch, a two-colour mosaic knitting pattern, before being cast off. Crochet stitches are then worked into the cast-off edge, and the hat transitions into the Star Stitch pattern with decreases worked in pattern to complete the crown.