insomnia + Devilish Grin | Promises in the Dark Kit
This kit includes the yarn and a digital copy of the pattern to knit the Promises in the Dark pattern by Cheryl Faust. (link goes to Ravelry) If you would like the yarn without the pattern you can choose that option in the drop menu. Please just leave a "no thanks!" in the Rav ID or email address field.
- Color 1: Two skeins of nightshades from Harrisvilile Designs
- Color 2: Two skeins of Dream State from Spincycle Yarns
- Color 1: Approx 385 yards
- Color 2: Approx 300 yards
Since the total yardage of two skeins of Dream State is 300 yards, some test knitters found they needed an extra skein. If you have loose gauge or any concerns, add an extra skein of your Dream State colorway here!
Needles & Notions (not included):
- E4 / 3.5 mm crochet hook
- US 4 / 3.5 mm - 40” (100 cm) or longer, circular needles
- US 5 / 3.75 mm - 40” (100 cm) or longer, circular needles
- US 6 / 4.0 mm - 40” (100 cm) or longer, circular needles
- US 7 / 4.5 mm - straight or small circular needles for bind off (or sizes to obtain gauge)
Promises in the Dark is a triangular shaped shawl, knit from the top edge, down. The pattern is created using the mosaic knitting technique, using just one color per row.
Knitting with Spincycle is always such a treat! The mosaic patterning of “Promises in the Dark” highlights the slow and dramatic color transitions of Dream State beautifully. Combine any of Spincycle’s gorgeous shades with a dark and moody shade of Harrisville Designs / nightshades or mYak’s Baby Yak Medium … or possibly invert your colors … whichever way you choose, I invite you to enjoy the ride!