Birdbook | Shelter
Shelter / 140 yards (128 meters) / 23-24 microns / Approx. 50 grams / Worsted weight
- Wyoming-grown Targhee-Columbia wool
- Dyed in Philadelphia at Littlewood
- Woolen spun in New Hampshire at Harrisville Designs
As a result of its woolen-spun manufacturing process, Shelter is suitable for a wonderful range of gauges:
- 5 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 4½ mm (US 7)
- 4½ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5 mm (US 8)
- 4¼ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5½ mm (US 9)
The Targhee-Columbia breed combines the softness and elasticity of finewool Targhee with the robust substance and warmth of mediumwool Columbia. This versatile mingling of wearability and durability makes Targhee-Columbia suitable for next-to-skin wear, outerwear, or heirloom pieces for the home. We source this breed for Shelter, Loft, and Quarry; the woolen construction of these yarns further enhance the fleece’s lofty and warmth-trapping characteristics.
Use it for:
Shelter is a great choice for sweaters.