Our free drop-in series for those looking to improve their fiberworld skills. No registration required.
Wool Academy meets every Thursday from 6-6:30pm.
Mystified by Ravelry? Feel constrained by using the yarn named in the pattern? This is the series for you!
Students who complete all five classes will receive 10% off their next purchase! Classes will cycle, so if you miss one just catch it the next time around (Calendar .
- Ravelry 101: dip a toe into the wonderful world of Ravelry!
- Patterns & Tools: learn to read patterns and charts, and become familiar with some of the tools available to take your fibercraft to the next level
- Yarn Substitution: break free of the "suggested yarn" cage!
- Find Your Gauge: it's like Knitter ESP - you will learn to stop problems before they happen and learn how to adjust patterns to substitute different weights of yarn
- Indie Dyers 101: intrigued by some of the amazing new colors and techniques you see on the shelves of your LYS, but not sure how to incorporate non-commercial yarn into your projects? Want to learn predict how speckles/variegation/tonals will knit up? Spend some time familiarizing yourself with the wild world of indies.